Friday, November 13, 2009

Pray for a cure

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Fp4uiyXtiSQ I can't embed this video so if you need to have a good cry today, click on the link.

On a lighter note . . .

I found this video on Shannon's blog this morning.

Pray for Shannon and her family. Her daughter has Type 1 diabetes. She is 5 years old and was diagnosed when she was 4. This video is their life. Shannon just found out that her insurance will only cover infusion sets that require the needle to stay in her daughter. Can you imagine?

Diabetes is such a horrible disease. It's nice that we know enough about it to live normal lives but as you can see in the videos, normal is not all that normal. Normal takes a lot of extra work.

My heart goes out to any parent of a diabetic. I have lived with this disease for 21 years. It has become nearly second nature to me. I'm not perfect. I don't have all the answers and some days are harder than others. But I can't imagine what courage it must take to watch your small child deal with it.

1 thoughts:

Shannon said...

Tristan Thank you!

This video makes me laugh and cry all at the same time!

I am so grateful for people like you that are such a huge support to me! I can't imagine doing all this without you guys!