I have had the honor of being awarded the Circle of Friends Award by Shannon. Thank you!
In accepting this award I need to list 5 things I am grateful for.
1. My husband, Heath. He is the most wonderful husband. I love his wit and humor, his creativity, his patience, and all he does for me and our family. He is the only person in the world who knows the real me. And he’s still here!
2. My kids. My kids make me laugh at least once every day. They are so sweet, smart, and unbendingly stubborn. They don’t live to please anyone. They are each their own person. They are amazing little people. If only I could bottle their giggles like perfume.
3. The Gospel. This means everything to me.
4. Blogging. It is cathartic to me for so many reasons. I love writing. Blogging is a place for all my essays, opinions and theories about life. It’s where I remember my life with my family. But my favorite reason why I am grateful for blogging is because I have met some of the greatest people through blogging. People I learn from, admire, and am happy to call friends. I haven’t settled on any one topic as my “thing” to blog about. I’m passionate about a lot of different things right now. Having diverse topics has brought a variety of people into my life. I love it.
5. Music. It courses through my veins. It inspires me, calms me, energizes me. It’s something special I share with my kids. There is nothing more worthwhile than dropping everything to sing at the top of our lungs to Ingrid Michaelson’s Everybody, or Lenka’s The Show, just to name a few of our favorites. Music helps us dance like fools. It helps us clean the house. It inspires our creativity. Music was a childhood love of mine and I am happy to share it with my family now.