Monday, December 7, 2009

Don’t you have the plague or something?

2008-11-25_0398 Christmas cookies and holiday hearts.2008-11-25_0391 2008-11-25_0392 That’s the way the illness starts!2008-11-25_0393 Christmas cookies and holiday hearts2008-11-25_0396 Goody goody yum yum yum!

These pictures were taken last year. A year ago I had no problem with my children decorating all the sugar cookies we made.

This year . . .

This year all the kids have taken a turn with the flu. Heath even took his turn over the weekend. We have become germiphobes around here. Parker was really upset that Heath was using the duck blanket. Parker said, “When Dad be’s sick he just gets germs all over my blanket!”

This year there were no pictures taken of the Christmas cookie decorating. It looked the same as last year . . . only a lot different. I was seeing everything in terms of germs. The boys only got 3 cookies each. I rationed their candy instead of letting them go for it. I even rationed the frosting on their plates. I was sick before they were even done. As a result, there are about a dozen more naked sugar cookies sitting in a bag that I know I should decorate but these images keep popping into my head.

I have learned that I am Doofenshmirtz from Phineas and Ferb. Check out this song that is so similar to me it's shocking!
I hate every holiday except Christmas!

Merry Christmas Everybody!

1 thoughts:

phonelady said...

Merry christmas to you too dear .