Wednesday, January 13, 2010

A Beautiful Day!

I have two cameras.  One is a little Canon Power Shot Digital Elph.  I love this camera.  It’s small, convenient and takes great pictures and video. 

On the rare occasion when I can’t get to my camera in time, I have another camera.  It’s always good to have a back up.  My other camera is my mental camera.  I take a lot of real pictures but I take even more mental pictures.  Just like Parker, Phoebe’s boyfriend, on Friends.  Only I’m not as annoying because I’m not a Baldwin! 

Since these pictures were taken with my mental camera I will do my best to set the scene.  The kids found the balloons I brought home last night from the Relief Society activity we had.  What I saw when I came downstairs was priceless. 

Gwen was still in her pajamas.  Hot pink stretch pants, light pink long sleeved shirt.  Her hair was a mass of loose curls rippling behind her as she ran.  Her little fist, held out straight behind her, was clutched tightly around half a dozen ribbons attached to as many balloons.  The balloons bounced up and down in slow waves as she ran in what looked like slow motion.  This may be the most beautiful mental picture I have ever stored in my memory.

I have borrowed this mental picture from Gavin.  “It was hard for me to tell if it was a double rainbow or not.  It was before I came in from science.  That’s when I saw it.  It looked like someone put it in the sky with finger air writing.  The bottom one was really bright.”

Today started out cloudy with periodic sprinkles.  Then the clouds dispersed and the sun peeked through bringing warm temperatures and spring fever.  I started to do something I do all the time.  As the clouds dispersed to allow the sun the chance to shine, somehow I turned a corner and ran into a new idea.  I haven’t been able to stop thinking about it ever since. 

No, I don’t want to share my idea.  I haven’t decided if it’s a good idea.  Until then I simply want to bask in the glory of my daydream.  It’s been a beautiful day! 

2 thoughts:

Dawn said...

Nice pictures you two. I love the rainbow, Gavin. I REALLY love rainbows.

phonelady said...

yes it is a beautiful day indeed .