Saturday, January 30, 2010

I've Learned

  • Posting video on blogger is easier in the wee hours of the morning.
  • Good thing my blood sugar was 42 at 4:30 this morning!
  • The computer doesn't reach REM sleep if Photoshop or Windows Live Writer is open.
  • My screen saver pictures cycle all night.
  • Sometimes the computer doesn't reach REM sleep no matter what's open or not.
  • I think the computer has the same sleep disorder I do. It's never tired!
  • I've learned that it's very important to save all my work before bed.
  • Actually any time I step away.
  • Sometimes Heath turns off the computer because we almost never do.
  • I don't really care what anyone thinks about how un-green this is for the environment.
  • We only care about how un-green it is for our wallet.
  • But obviously not enough!
  • Sometimes the computer restarts itself.
  • Sometimes it restarts several times a day.
  • When it does everything not saved is lost.
  • Windows Live Writer does NOT auto save like Microsoft Word does.
  • I have had to rewrite many a rough draft because of that.
  • I hardly ever use the New Post button blogger offers.
  • The last couple of days I have.
  • I don't know why.
  • Sometimes it depends on how I want the pictures arranged.
  • I have more control of that with Live Writer.
  • Even if I compose the post in Live Writer I have to use blogger to post video.
  • Sometimes I just hit the New Post button for no apparent reason, like I did with this post.
  • I've learned that sometimes the computer won't wake up after we tell it to sleep.
  • After trying everything (patience, sweet talk, violent threats, panicked crying) we inevitabley have to hold the power button until the computer shuts down.
  • Prayers do not help.
  • Heath's sympathetic shrugs and kind voice as he tells me he's sorry but he told me so does not help either.
  • Knowing he will be back with McDonald's for breakfast (my favorite tiny bit of absolute goodness that he planned to get before the computer turned into a snarling mess) doesn't help.
  • But there is still a small glimmer of hope in the back of my mind that maybe just maybe I will be that one in a million who gets their work back.
  • And I did.
  • Hallelujah!
  • My tears of sorrow turned into holding my breath and gasping repeatedly.
  • Could it be true? Did I really see the Live Writer tab with the title of my latest creation on it?
  • My face blue from gasping and holding my breath as the computer finished waking up completely, I clicked on the Live Writer tab and held my breath some more as the text filled in slower than a slow motion scene in Top Gun.
  • My words greeted me warmly.
  • I cried.
  • Not really, it just sounded good.
  • But the adrenaline is still pulsing in my temples and my heart hasn't stopped pounding yet.
  • I BEAT THE ODDS!
  • And my McDonald's Sausage McMuffin tasted even better than I could have ever imagined.

0 thoughts: