Friday, January 22, 2010

Update

I just got back from taking Gwen and Gavin to the doctor for a follow up appointment.  Looks like we're out of the woods! 

Gavin was fever free yesterday.  He went back to school today.  Yay!  The doctor was happy to hear he went to school today.  She said he sounds fine and his ears look fine.  One ear still had a bunch of wax buildup but she said the eardrums looked good.  Then she took out that long paperclip thing and dug out his brain earwax.  I didn’t get a chance to ask but I will assume I don’t need to do the ear drops anymore. 

Gwen sounded fine.  No more wheezing sounds while she breathed.  Her ears looked fine.  One ear had fluid but the doctor said not to worry about it.  Gwen’s still on antibiotics so I’m not worried. 

The doctor could see they were both still coughing.  She said they were fine other than their coughs.  I assured her they sleep well at night and aren’t kept up by coughing.  She said they may cough for another week but they’re fine.  So if you see us at church on Sunday don’t worry.  My kids have the doctor’s seal of approval! 

The doctor seemed very impressed with how well they improved in just a few short days.  She said to keep doing the inhaler with Gwen but by Monday we can stop.  I’m not happy that Parker has allergy induced asthma but his inhaler has been really useful this winter. 

All is well that ends well. 

0 thoughts: