Thursday, March 25, 2010

Where is your blog?

I’m not sure how many people asked this question today.  I know one person did because I got an email from my sister saying that she was not authorized to view my blog.  Was I going private or was the site having issues today?  Thinking that was strange I refreshed the page and saw this:

You are not authorized to view this page

The Web server you are attempting to reach has a list of IP addresses that are not allowed to access the Web site, and the IP address of your browsing computer is on this list.

Please try the following:

  • Contact the Web site administrator if you believe you should be able to view this directory or page.

HTTP Error 403.6 - Forbidden: IP address of the client has been rejected.
Internet Information Services (IIS)


Technical Information (for support personnel)

  • Go to Microsoft Product Support Services and perform a title search for the words HTTP and 403.
  • Open IIS Help, which is accessible in IIS Manager (inetmgr), and search for topics titled About Security, Limiting Access by IP Address, IP Address Access Restrictions, and About Custom Error Messages.

WHAT???

So I did what I always do when I don’t know what to do.  I emailed Heath.  He looked into it and fixed it.  As I suspected, he told me it was an issue with the address.  I used to use a blogger address but changed it to the felcore domain we own.  This was so Dawn could read my posts at school where blogs are banned.  We’re so sneaky!  Anyway, it was the felcore address that was having issues.  But it’s all better now. 

So for anyone who thought I was going private I’m still here!  Happy blogging everybody. 

5 thoughts:

sugarpierdh said...

I'm so glad you're back. I was so worried. :)

Tristan said...

Thanks! Me too.

Dawn said...

Thank you Heath! I was afraid maybe you were mad at me/

Tristan said...

We could never be mad at you, Dawn! I was afraid someone from school read yesterday's post and figured out how to block me from my own site! I couldn't figure out why I couldn't access my own stuff.

Becca Jane said...

Phew, that was a close call!!