Thursday, April 8, 2010

Easily Amused

I used to worry that Jeff Wiggle suffered from a serious case of narcolepsy or something.  Now I realize he did it for the laughs. 

Sitting on the couch surrounded by three captivated kids and reading story after story is so peaceful.  So peaceful, in fact, that a sudden wave of sleepiness swept over me.  To wake myself up I played along with Mr. Sandman. 

My head would drop onto the back of the couch, my mouth open wide.  A loud snore would send the kids into fits of giggles.  They could hardly yell out, “Wake up Mom!” 

Somehow I managed to focus my eyes long enough to read one more story that had turned into three more.  I announced it was snack time then nap time.  The kids bounced up ready for a snack and I collapsed on the couch snoring.  More giggling and more “Wake up Mom!” 

Me:  Isn’t it nap time then snack time?
Kids falling over giggling:  No-o-o-o!

Gwen started collapsing on the floor snoring.  Being easily amused is awesome.

1 thoughts:

Dawn said...

I am thinking I need a tape of the kids shouting, "Wake up, grandma" I have been so tired I could use the pick-me-up. I love that Gwen had to imitate you.