Wednesday, June 30, 2010

Flash

What does one look for in a pet?  Companionship?  Unconditional love?  Security?  There’s lots of reasons why people enhance their lives with pets. 

If your pet moonlights as a super hero, well, that’s even better.  Agent P

Not only is this a storyline in the popular cartoon Phineas and Ferb, but I have a super hero pet sitting on my kitchen counter. It’s a bird, it’s a plane, it’s

Flash The Fish!

Flash is staying with us for a few days.  He’s a blue beta fish who likes to be talked to when he’s lonely.  “Flash I love you but we only have 14 hours to save the Earth!” 

Don’t let his cheerful fins fool you.  He also puffs up in a very macho masculine sort of way when we show him the beta fish picture on his food container.  I have to say I feel safer already just knowing he’s swimming on my kitchen counter. 

I just hope Flash doesn’t go insane.  My family had a beta fish when I was a kid.  His name was Jack.  My brother was so mad that my sister got to name that fish!  Jack was crazy.  He bit a huge chunk out of his own tail.  I’m not kidding.  Then one day he had had it with life.  I guess he couldn’t figure out how the secret trap door worked under the plant in the middle of the bowl.  Or maybe he could but he was done with Major Monogram’s nerdy intern, Carl.  Either way, Jack dove down deep into the marbles slicing himself up into sushi on the mirror discs.  Pieces floated to the top of the bowl and that was the end of Jack. 

Flash seems a little more on top of things than Jack.  Flash definitely seems more super hero like. 

“What do you mean Flash The Fish approaching?” 

Flash!  AAAaaaaahhhhhhhh!  Savior of the Universe! 

1 thoughts:

MT said...

Holy Cow! I've never seen this blog. You must have more than one.

I've actually been wondering: "hmm, I haven't seen a post from the piquant story teller lately".

I just happened to be looking at the map that tells me where my visitors come from, clicked on the link, and boom. :)