Monday, July 12, 2010

I’ve Learned

Today I finished the EA Active 30 Day Challenge on my Wii.  Just to be finished and knowing I gave 100% effort every day is amazing.  But here are some other things I have learned this last month.

  • I’ve learned I’m stronger than I think I am.
  • I’ve learned that I love the shoulder exercises the best.
  • The big rubber band (resistance band) is an easy way to effectively carve out some real arm muscles. 
  • I’ve learned that with every workout I try to beat the calorie burning goal.
  • Some days I would and some days I wouldn’t. 
  • But that’s how I would get through a lot of the boring cardio stuff like running around a simulated track.
  • I’ve learned I can lap the computer runners. 
  • I’ve learned that squats with calf raises are kind of fun.
  • I’ve learned that I can rock a squat hold.  That’s where you squat and stay that way for 40 seconds. 
  • I’ve learned that I probably couldn’t punch anything in real life but I love cardio boxing.
  • I’ve learned that I am really good at tennis.
  • But I can’t time volleyball or basketball smoothly.
  • And I still hate baseball even though I’m good at it on the Wii.
  • I’ve learned that no matter what, I still love strength training exercises over sports drills.
  • I’ve learned that working out on my rest day so I can get Sunday off kills my muscles.
  • I’ve learned that even my arm muscles can scream for 24 hours after doing that.
  • I’ve learned that Julio is not that bright, even for a cartoon trainer. 
  • Every day he would say, “Today’s exercises focus more on upper body strengthening and toning.” 
  • Then he would make me work out my legs until I couldn’t stand anymore.
  • Meanwhile, my arms were bored from not doing anything.
  • I’ve learned that sarcasm exists even on the Wii.
  • Julio was always telling me I had nice dance moves and that I must be the life of the party.
  • He said it in a snarky tone of voice while I had to alternately thrust my arms out to the side and above my head like some sort of dance loser. 
  • I’ve learned that my weight stayed the same in spite of my predictions that it would go down.
  • But my body fat percentage went down and none of my clothes fit right anymore. 
  • I’ve learned that regular exercise really does do wonders for blood sugar.
  • My blood sugar averages were in the 170’s and now they are in the 130’s.
  • I just wish my weight would match my blood sugar averages! 
  • I’ve learned that nobody had to tell me to start another 30 Day Challenge, or tell me to do it at a higher intensity level.
  • Tomorrow I start another 30 Day Challenge on high intensity.
  • I’m predicting either my weight will do something useful or I will die. 
  • We’ll see.
  • Julio, it’s you and me tomorrow morning.  Be nice.

2 thoughts:

Becca Jane said...

Haha, Julio. That's funny. Good job moving your rest day to Sunday, it's weird that they always put rest days on like a Thursday or something on those weekly plans.

Dawn said...

Congratulations! I am majorly impressed.