Tuesday, August 10, 2010

Arbitrary Photo Say What

This was tweeted today:
LOL! RT @wellreadhostess: My 8 y. O. son just said to granddad "you combed your hair! Looks like picture day in the nursing home."

The hilarity with kids never ends does it? At least not around our house. Here’s another Say What installment. These conversations go on all day. I hope the silly quotes never end.

Cartoon-Saturday-005

I turned around to see the TV behind me.
Gavin: Mom you have eyes in the back of your head, remember?

001

Gavin: This is a homework assignment for a 16 year old. It’s a fill in the blank. I am blank . . . 16 years old. Next year I will be in blank . . . 5th grade.

056

Parker: What happens when you’re zero?
Me: Nothing.
Parker: You just go back in your mom’s tummy? And there’s all this blood and Jesus is in there and He’s making people.

Disneyland-Trip-070

Gavin: Parker, you’re not a firefighter! You’re just a human!

IMG_0688

Heath: Gavin, do you want any ice cream?
Gavin: No! Brain cancer remember?
He meant brain freeze.

Taken out of context Say What:
Gavin: Parker! Mom says I’m not a Barbie doll because I don’t change my clothes a thousand times a day!

garbage-day,-park-pics-008

Pinocchio Say What:
Parker: We didn’t chew on the alien.
Me: Who did?
P: It was just our friend. You know, the raccoon. We just leaved the alien outside and the raccoon chewed it.

Don’t ask Say What:
Gavin: Mom, I have a sweep. (broom)
Me: Why do you have a broom in your bed?
Gavin: Because Parker wanted to sweep the ceiling.

Heath: Ok boys. Put my pajamas on and read me a story.
Parker: You’re joking, right? You’re just joking.

How-to-Eat-Fried-Worms-003

Gwen was not a fan of the movie “How to Eat Fried Worms.” She had her hands on her face with a horrified expression. She kept trying to pull her head further back while screaming: Danger! Danger!

Fairyland-007

Gwen: You coming Grandma?
Me: What are you doing Little Miss?
Gwen: Shopping.
Me: With Grandma?
Gwen: Yes.
Me: What are you shopping for? Shoes?
Gwen: Yes.
Later
Me: What are you shopping for now?
Gwen: Grandma.
Me: Your two grandmas aren’t good enough so you have to shop for a new one?
Gwen: Yes.

garbage-day,-park-pics-001

Gwen: A fire truck! (To her every truck is a fire truck - garbage truck, delivery truck, semi truck, etc.)

2 thoughts:

sugarpierdh said...

That made us laugh. Thanks for sharing.

Ray Colon said...

Hi Tristan,

This is just what I needed to see after a very long day. *giggles*

Since my youngest is nine, we don't get nearly as many of these as we use to.

The brain cancer/freeze was my favorite. For a split-second I thought, "What? I hadn't heard that." Apparently, I forgot what I was reading. LOL

May they always believe that you have eyes in the back of your head. :) Ray