Thursday, August 5, 2010

Over the Hedge Part 1

Over the din of the TV a small rustling could be heard by Heath, who apparently has super human ears.  He alternated between pause and mute on the TV. 

Me:  What’s going on?
H:  Don’t you hear that?
Me:  Hear what?

Goosebumps covered my body as my mind went to crazy worst case scenario.  The bogeyman must be in my backyard!  Thinking quickly I wondered why Heath was silencing the TV to hear the bogeyman.  Hello!  Grab a large, blunt object!

Me:  What do you think you’re hearing?
H:  A small animal.  I don’t think it’s a cat.  But it’s definitely an animal about the size of a cat. 
Me:  I don’t hear anything.  How are you even hearing that over the TV?  You don’t even hear me when we’re in the same room.
H:  That’s because I don’t listen to you.
Me:  Oh yeah.  Me neither.
H:  What?

Eventually Heath got bored of listening to phantom rustling and we finished watching whatever DVR’d show we were watching.  Since I spook easily I was still convinced Jack the Ripper Jr. was outside playing Solitaire and drinking Yoo-hoo until we finally went to bed. 

The master bedroom was refreshingly frigid.  Moderate breezes swooshed through the room while the blinds eerily banged against the window sill.  Something about the banging blinds didn’t seem right.  Heath just laughed at me while he tried in vain to convince me it was just the wind.  I wasn’t buying it.  So my brave knight in shining armor closed every window locking them tight. 

We fell asleep to the whirring of the oscillating fan breaking up the newly stagnant air.  All was right with the world once again.  Or was it? 

(Cue ominous music)  DUN DUN DUNNNNNN!

To be continued . . .

0 thoughts: