Friday, August 6, 2010

A rare untitled post

It’s late morning yet again.  How is it that I can wake up at 6:00 am every day but somehow the day still gets away from me? 

I know and I’ve named him Julio. 

Today begins the last week of my second 30 Day Challenge.  The fact that I’ve made it to this point is nothing short of amazing.  But I am tired.  With this 30 Day Challenge I decided to go with the hard settings rather than medium.  It’s been kicking my butt in the best way possible.  I don’t regret it.  But I am tired. 

Not very often, but every once in a while, I will have a workout day where I feel like I am trudging through deep sand the whole time.  Even if I came close to meeting the calorie burn goal for the day I still feel like it wasn’t my best effort. 

Today was one of those days.  For my warm up Julio made me run the track, then do squats with calf raises.  Then he made me do squat holds.  On the hard intensity that means I have to hold my squat position for 60 seconds.  I thought I was going to die.  I couldn’t hold it the whole time and had to stand up to relieve my burning, screaming legs.  The third exercise and I was already resting!  Shouldn’t things be getting easier?  Apparently not. 

I keep reminding myself that this is a lifelong journey.  My goal is not to reach some magical number in my head and only then will I be happy with myself.  Life can be hard sometimes.  Some days are better than others but we keep moving along trying to better ourselves.  Because “the race is long and in the end it’s only with yourself.”  (Sunscreen Song)

So I pushed myself to get through the workout and it sounds so pukey to say but I feel like a winner for having done it at all.  I could have done any number of other things this morning.  Instead I let Julio kick my butt and I’m stronger for it.  I only missed my calorie burn by 4 calories.  That’s not all bad! 

This video is a series of still shots.  Pretty cool. 

What have you done lately that you’re proud of? 

1 thoughts:

Dawn said...

Wow! I am amazed at your tenacity with your work outs. You are a winner in my book.