Saturday, September 18, 2010

You Know You’re in Love When

  • Date night with your spouse still makes your heart pound.
  • Even after 10 years of date nights.
  • You dress up for a date because you still want to look good for each other.
  • By the way, I seem to be between sizes again.  If I could lose a few more inches I will be down one more size!  Wahoo! 
  • Thank you Julio and Steven!  Maybe we need to hook up again with another workout session. 
  • My fancy pants, that I tend to only wear for dates, are getting loose.  They used to be so tight I swore I was damaging vital organs. 
  • But I didn’t wear fancy pants last night.  I wore jeans.  And a belt so they would stay in place. 
  • The waitress complimented my new shirt. 
  • Then she was quick to refill my Diet Coke. 
  • Give that girl a good tip! 
  • You know you’re in love when you patiently watch your spouse eat after you’re finished.  Sorry Heath, I’m a slow eater.  I have trouble eating and talking and drinking refillable Diet Coke all at the same time.  But he knows that about me.  We were just happy to talk without little people interrupting us constantly. 
  • You know you’re in love when your husband suggests using the restaurant’s restroom because it will be nicer than the mall restroom. 
  • You know you’re in love when walking through the mall with your spouse for a date is still as fun as when you were in high school! 
  • You know you’re in love when your TV snuggle time is interrupted by your two year old exploding from both ends and you know your spouse will help. 
  • If you can watch each other clean up chunky vomit and soupy poopy and still feel “the feeling” you know you are in love. 
  • It doesn’t take much to show how much you love someone. 
  • A babysitter, Mini Cooper, and time alone is all you need.
  • The words “I love you” added to all of the above are the icing on the cake. 
  • I love date night.  Don’t you?

5 thoughts:

Becca Jane said...

Oh I LOVED LOVED this!!! I want to repost it! :) We got ourselves some good ones, didn't we, Tristan! Wish we could double date sometime...

mintifresh said...

That was cute!

The Piquant Storyteller said...

Thanks Becca and Mindi. Becca, if you want to repost it you can. Double dating would be fun. Why didn't we ever do that when we lived across the street from each other? We both had babies and no money I guess.

Jenni said...

That was so cute! And congrats on your weight loss, that always makes you feel good! :)

The Piquant Storyteller said...

Thanks Jenni. You're sweet.