Thursday, October 14, 2010

Blissfully Unaware Say What

Heath:  Don’t worry, we’ll teach him to use a knife and fork when he’s 19 before he goes on a mission.
Me:  Why not 18?  Then he’ll have time to learn.  Actually, we should teach him when he’s 15 so he doesn’t make a fool of himself on a date when he’s 16.
Parker:  A date?  What’s a date?
Gavin laughing:  You know what a date is, Parker.  Like a play date!

Heath:  You know that when you go on a date it’s with girls!
Gavin:  I know.  I know what a date is. 
Me:  What do you do on a date?
Gavin:  You eat dinner or go shopping.
Heath:  That’s just what Mom and Dad do.
Gavin:  And you kiss!  (giggle giggle giggle)

Me:  While we’re saying funny things, Gavin, where do babies come from?
Gavin:  From your tummy.  Or somebody else’s tummy.
Me:  Ok.  Parker, where do babies come from?
Parker:  Uh, I don’t know.
Heath:  If you’re trying to take this somewhere I don’t want to be here.
Me:  I have been wanting to ask them ever since I saw that Kaiser Permanente commercial.  I just wanted to see what they think. 

Well, they don’t know much about dating or where babies come from.  That’s the way it should be.  Whew!

2 thoughts:

Becca Jane said...

I learned how to use chopsticks about 4 days after I arrived in Korea. I was pretty hungry!!!

Cameron keeps telling people I have a baby in my tummy. I don't.

The Piquant Storyteller said...

The hunger thing is probably the problem more than the solution. Why use the knife and fork correctly when you can just pick up the food with your fingers? At least you have good manners as well as a willingness to learn.

Someday you will have a baby in your tummy. Cam is just preparing for it.