Sunday, October 10, 2010

Change

The winds of change are blowing.  And as a friend said today, “It doesn’t take a weatherman to know which way the wind is blowing!”

He was referring to the obvious clues for a  change in the Elder’s Quorum Presidency today.  Heath was released.  He knew it would happen.  The Bishop called last night to meet with us.  I had a mild heart attack thinking he was going to call me to be the Primary President.  No, he was releasing me from being the Primary Second Counselor.  And then he told Heath that there would be changes in the Elder’s Quorum Presidency. 

As of today, we are both responsibility free.  It is a very strange feeling especially coming from such consuming positions in the church.  We feel free and elated but also empty and sort of lost.  For my last day in the Primary everything that could go wrong did.  It was an awesome day as the only Presidency member . . . again.  But now it’s not my responsibility anymore.  Weird. 

So what are we doing with all our free time?  Heath is installing Windows 7.  Eventually I think it’s nice that he has installed a new operating system.  Until then I hate him and the computer.  Then myself for hating change!  In fact, I’m blogging on my laptop because I know how it works.  Nothing new here.  Heath says he wants to put Windows 7 on my laptop.  Don’t touch my computer!  Something has to stay the same.

Too many changes.  Church responsibilities.  BYU actually winning on Saturday!  Me trying Nutella for the first time.  (I’ll talk about that later)  The weather.  Ok, not the weather.  It never feels like fall until closer to November.  Maybe I should actually clean my house.  That would be a welcome change. 

5 thoughts:

Becca Jane said...

I tried Nutella for the first time a few months ago too. Did you like it? I can't believe I'd been missing out on it for so long!!!!

Chantalle Bishop said...

You just tried it? John just tried it last year. I can't imagine tasting it for the first time in the states. There is something magical about trying it in front of the Eiffel Tower late at night after the tour boat ride while the lights on the tower sparkle....but I still love it over here too :) We've only eaten it on warm crepes and I put bananas on it too. It has become our favorite 'lunch' on Sundays after church :) I hope you liked it!

The Piquant Storyteller said...

Ladies, I'm working on my post aboout nutella now.

Dawn said...

Kirk introduced us to Nutella from Italy. They didn't have peanut butter there. I like Nutella but when the blood sugar is low I go for peanut butter and chocolate milk.
Heath, leave Tristan's laptop alone until she gets use to Windows 7. There is not much more frustrating than wanting to use the computer and not being able to figure it out. Give her some time.

The Piquant Storyteller said...

Dawn, you make me laugh! He has not touched my laptop yet. I am trying to get used to Windows 7. It will take some time. It's not Windows 7 as much as I can never find all my documents after he does a complete overhaul of the computer with a new operating system.

I did do the Nutella post after setting up Windows Live Writer all by myself today! But Live Writer is all different with all the new upgrades I've been avoiding for the last couple months. That will take time to get used to too. All these changes!