Wednesday, October 13, 2010

Did you know?

  1. I run my car air conditioner on sunny winter days but sometimes need a blanket when the house A/C kicks on in the summer?  I blame Gwen.  The house A/C never bothered me until I was pregnant with her.
  2. I don’t mind sharing a cup but I need my own straw or I think the drink tastes like that person? 
  3. I love the wave of heat that assaults me when I first step into a car on a hot day?
  4. If I get tired I will let the kids watch one of their shows or movies so I can nap on the couch?  Their shows zap me every time.
  5. I have only played Monopoly once in my life?
  6. I love rain?  You didn’t know that?  How did you miss that?
  7. I leave smashed spider bodies on the wall to warn other spiders?  Nobody cleans up the dead squirrels on the road.  I’m assuming for the same reason. 
  8. I wear my glasses on days I hope to squeeze a nap in or on days I feel really cruddy?  It’s too much effort to shove my finger in my eye on those days.
  9. I used to hate Disney movies?  We’re talking serious hatred dripping with all kinds of animosity.  I once said and I quote, “I would rather crawl on my hands and knees from Salt Lake to Cedar City naked than watch Hercules!”  My sister said in her classic deadpan voice, “I would rather just watch the movie and save myself the embarrassment.”
  10. I used to love TV commercials until we moved to CA?  Now not so much.  There are too many political ads as if there is an election every quarter.  I also don’t listen to the radio because I hate the commercials. 
  11. I think the ice in my freezer tastes like the freezer?  Did you know that I can usually get colder water from the hot handle than the cold handle?  But I don’t like to drink it because I’m aware the water has been sitting in the hot water heater and that makes me shudder even though I always use “hot” water to cook with?  If I want my water cold I will put my mug in the fridge for about five minutes.  It tastes like the fridge at first but then it tastes like it normally does.  I also think water tastes stale if I fill my mug at 11:00 pm and take a swig the next morning at 7:00.  But if I’m having a non thirsty day and one mugful of water lasts from 7:00 am to 4:00 pm the water tastes fine. 

If you ever have the opportunity to introduce me as a speaker you now know eleven things about me.  Don’t you feel special?  I do. 
Ok here’s number 12.  I don’t like ending on uneven numbers.  I should have come up with more bits of trivia for you because it feels wrong to not end on 10 or 15!  What are your quirks?

2 thoughts:

Becca Jane said...

Ha, that was a FUN read!!!

The Piquant Storyteller said...

Thanks Becca. It was kind of fun to write!