Tuesday, October 5, 2010

Every new day is a grand adventure

Gwen-001
Gwen the Enigma

Gwen-002
Pint Sized Fashionista with a few Fashion Faux Pas
Gwen is sporting Mom’s sandals with white socks and cuffed jeans.
The “Elmo’s World” shirt is not passing the raise your arms high high high in the sky test.  We’re seeing a lot of tummy and diaper fringe.
Score one for dark wash denim and the cute bow detail. 
Gwen was stroking the faux belt bow one day as though she had never seen it before and said, “Ooh!  So pretty!” 

Gwen-003
The Oversized Knapsack
When a regular purse just won’t do.

Gwen-004
So much to do so little time.

Gwen-006
Today’s hairstyle was exhausting. 
(not really, her eyes were just closed for the picture)

Gwen-010
Switchback French Braid top view

Gwen-008
back view

Gwen-007
close up view

The clips are not just for decoration.  They hide mistakes and parts that could easily fall out.  This took me less than 10 minutes to create.  Gwen was done so I never got a second chance to make a first impression.  Hence the clips, which by the way, I grouped perfectly.  The two on top turn purple in the sun and the bottom white flower turns blue in the sun.  This was the first time I didn’t hold them in my hand next to a window to see which color I had!  Pretty good right? 

Having a girl has changed our lives.

6 thoughts:

Becca Jane said...

Diaper fringe...haha that made me laugh. Cute post and CUTE HAIR!!! I'm scared to death of attempting french braids (not that I can try them yet). Doing Allie's hair is STILL one of my most favorite things about motherhood!

The Piquant Storyteller said...

I totally agree, Becca! Doing hair is the best part of motherhood. French braids aren't that scary. If you need a tutorial call me or email me. You know me, I love to help in the hair department.

Dawn said...

What s pretty princess! I am so bummed that I don't have more time to sew for my grandaughters. Ruffles are so much fun. I am looking forward to the Tinkerbell costume.

sugarpierdh said...

Great hair! And the placement of the flowers looks like you meant to do that. It's fun to have a girl.

Jenni said...

She's a doll! Oh, it gets me so excited!!! Love the braid and feel sorry for myself that doing a little girls hair is a two-handed job. :( (I'm secretly hoping that my baby will have lots of curls like BJ and I so I can scrunch it and put a bow or flower in it. We'll see what happens...

The Piquant Storyteller said...

Dawn, I know you would love to do more. We love love love all you do! Thank you. Gwen is pretty excited about being Tinkerbell this year. Of course, she's easy. Anything that's a pretty dress and she's hooked!

Candi, this post was kind of in your honor. You encouraged me to keep braiding Gwen's hair so I tried something different. I thought it turned out really well considering she's 2 and is easily distracted, especially while I do her hair!

Jenni, every time I look at Gwen I think of you and your bundle of pink on the way after two boys. Maybe you won't be able to braid her hair but I know she will be adorable. I didn't know BJ had curly hair. Between the two of you, I would be surprised if she doesn't have curls. She's going to be so cute because your boys are super cute.