Sunday, October 17, 2010

It’s Raining!

That’s all that needs to be said.  It’s raining and it’s beautiful. 

Yesterday started out warm enough for shorts and flip flops.  It obviously was much cooler than it had been all week.  Maybe low 70’s instead of upper 90’s.  By the middle of the BYU football game the clouds rolled in and the wind picked up.  We opened windows and cooled the house naturally.  By the time the game was over around 5:00 pm it was getting pretty chilly outside.  There were light sprinkles here and there throughout the night and now it’s raining.  Not hard but the ground is definitely wet. 

Gwen has been snotty all week.  Literally.  And she tried to give her cold to me but it bounced off me and hit Gavin.  He had a fever most of yesterday evening and this morning.  So we only went to Sacrament Meeting.  We popped popcorn and watched Enchanted together all bundled up in blankets.  I love my family.  I love that we all love the rain.  I love that it’s finally the rainy season here.  I sure do miss the rain during the summer.  Maybe one day we can move to the Northwest where I can get my rainy fix along with my love of green and forests of trees in the freeway medians.  Not that oleander bushes in full bloom in the freeway medians here are anything to sneer at but I would love to live where it rains throughout the year. 

It’s raining.  What’s going on in your neck of the woods?

4 thoughts:

Jenni said...

I LOVE "Enchanted". In fact, I have a friend who teases me that I live that fantasy life. Is there anything wrong with that???? I hope Gwen and Gavin get feeling better soon. But it's always nice to have an excuse to bundle up and watch movies!!! :)

The Piquant Storyteller said...

Thanks for the well wishes Jenni. And yes, it was a beautiful day as we all snuggled together. I love Enchanted too and I don't think it's a fantasy life. Think of how much happier you are looking on the bright side of things and not planning your divorce before you got married.

Dawn said...

Funny thing is it is sunny in the Northwest today.

The Piquant Storyteller said...

I think what draws me to the Northwest is the fact that it rains year round. I imagine the rain is often enough that the sun is appreciated and the sun is often enough that the rain isn't depressing. Plus, there's trees EVERYWHERE!