Monday, October 18, 2010

Squalor

Do people who live in squalor know it?  Do compulsive hoarders know they have a problem? 

stepping-in-the-messbedroom-rearrangements-003bedroom-rearrangements-005bedroom-rearrangements-010bedroom-rearrangements-011bedroom-rearrangements-009

Should I talk to someone about these pictures? 

Maybe I’m just not organized enough.  People think I am.  Ha ha I have them fooled right? 

Afternoons are rough.  The boys come home and backpacks explode everywhere.  Gwen darts through the house playing as fast and hard as she can kind of hoping I can’t find her for her nap.  I always do.  The more chaotic the house and the kids are the lower my blood sugar seems to be.  Today it was 49.  Good heavens.  I can’t control the mess when I’m a sweating shaking mess myself binging on whatever I can find.  Cold cereal today.  Now to tackle my house.  Oh heaven help me! 

2 thoughts:

Dawn said...

That landing is such a perfect place for everyone to play it has a hard time staying clear. I have always wondered why we keep buying toys for our kids when they never put away the ones they have. Wouldn’t it be nice if there was a play room and EVERYTHING stayed in there? We can dream can’t we? After my grandchildren leave I find the strangest things in the strangest places. Oh, to have that imagination and abandonment back.
I can’t figure out why stress always lowers my blood sugars. It seems it should be the opposite. You can always grab the Nutella ;)

The Piquant Storyteller said...

Dawn, you are always so sweet and understanding. Yes, that hallway breeds toys when I'm not looking but the pictures are actually from when we rearranged the kids rooms. It has never gotten that messy with kids just playing.

I realize my house is never as bad as I imagine it is. One episode of Hoarders cures me of my pity party and inspires me to tidy up again.