Thursday, November 25, 2010

Friends, Football, and Finally the Food!

Thanksgiving-2010-001Thanksgiving-2010-002Thanksgiving-2010-003Thanksgiving-2010-004Thanksgiving-2010-005Thanksgiving-2010-007Thanksgiving-2010-008

What’s Thanksgiving without a little football with friends?  Michelle grew up in California where her family played football every Thanksgiving.  Robert and I grew up in Utah where it’s too snowy and freezing cold to want to play football on Thanksgiving.  Heath grew up in Utah then moved to the Northwest where his family often played football in the rain and mud. 

Having fun was all that mattered but my team (Heath, Adam, Parker, Rachel, and me) did win 35-21.  I caught two out of three passes, one of those receptions was for a touchdown.  I also threw a touchdown pass.  Adam was our ace receiver.  For the first time playing football since junior high gym class I thought I did pretty good! 

Thanksgiving-2010-018Thanksgiving-2010-019

Oh the anticipation of the fancy table. 

Thanksgiving-2010-023

Speaking of anticipation, the kids were dying while they waited for dinner.  It reminded me of being a kid on Thanksgiving. 

Thanksgiving-2010-025

Finally time to eat!  It was delicious and the kids all loved the can shaped cranberry sauce.  Cranberry sauce has always been my favorite.  I just wish I could present it as well as my mom used to.  The turkey breast was juicy and tender and delightful.  Hopefully the man we met at Bed Bath & Beyond last night had success with his turkey too.  He was cooking a full turkey for the first time and Heath gave him a bunch of tips while they stood in front of the thermometers. 

I’m thankful for this whole wonderful day.  What are you thankful for?

2 thoughts:

Jenni said...

What a sweet video! I LOVED Gwen's 'I Am a Child of God' song. How cute was that!!! Those are some adorable babies you have! :)

The Piquant Storyteller said...

Thank you Jenni. I didn't prompt the kids on anything they said or did. I simply asked what they were thankful for. The song was just icing on the cake.