Saturday, November 27, 2010

Leftovers

Normally I’m not a leftover kind of person.  In fact, I hate most leftovers so we rarely save any food at our house because I won’t eat it.  I don’t even care what anyone thinks.  But leftover Thanksgiving turkey?  Ah, that’s a completely different story.  As a kid I preferred Thanksgiving leftovers to the actual meal.  Turkey sandwiches with leftover turkey and leftover homemade dinner rolls – yeah that was to die for! 

Since we didn’t have enough leftover rolls Heath made some bread.  Mmm . . . his homemade bread is out of this world!  We had leftover turkey with sliced sharp cheddar cheese, crispy bacon, and ranch dressing on homemade sandwich rolls.  Yep, I think we all died and went to heaven.  The kids ate so well and kept saying how good it was.  Score!  They usually aren’t happy with a meal we make unless it consists solely of chips and cookies, which it never does so they are rarely satisfied with our food.  I am thankful for leftovers.  Today anyway. 

I am also thankful for winter because the cold water comes out of the tap immediately when it often runs warmer the longer I run the water and after 10 minutes I give up on it.  (slight exaggeration)  In the winter it’s nice to put on clothes that are fresh from the dryer because they are all warm and cozy. 

And last but not least, I am thankful for a great BYU season.  It was a rocky beginning but the team pulled together and learned a lot.  I wish they had won the Holy War today.  Boy how I wish they could have won.  Heath may still be mourning the loss and cursing the refs for the BAD call that essentially gave Utah the game, but I am trying to be positive.  They only lost by one point so it could have been worse and if it weren’t for crappy replay officials who wanted to create a story the Cougs could have been victorious.  They played really well.  It was a great game.  The Holy War always is.  Next year we’re independent!  Go Cougars! 

0 thoughts: