Thursday, November 4, 2010

Life’s Simple Pleasures

Between about 7:00 and 8:00 am the park sparkles in ethereal glory.  Driving on the road the sun peeks through the pine trees that line the full length of the park.  A thick cloud of fog hovers over the grass feathering into an angelic glow, the sprinklers misting in the middle adding to the haze. 

This is the most breathtaking moment nature offers on sunny mornings.  Every time I see it I wish I could take a picture of it but I’m afraid I could never do it justice.  Plus, I think sitting in my van gives me a different vantage point that makes it even more gorgeous than if I were standing in the park with a camera. 

There is a timeless quality to the scene that makes it worth being up and about so early in the morning.  This is what I am most thankful for today. 

0 thoughts: