Wednesday, November 3, 2010

Must stop watching HGTV

Writing assignment days are my favorite homework days.  I love the creative things Gavin comes up with.  For the last assignment  he was supposed to write about his family at dinnertime.  I knew right away it would be an interesting story since we have such lively dinner conversations at our house.  This was his rough draft:

“Me and my family was eating taco soup.  I was a bout to take my frist bite and soon I heard a knok on the door.  Come in Mom said.  A guy came in and said sary (sorry) to iderupt (interrupt) but can I eat dinner with you.  Sure Mom said.  So.  the man said my name is Bob.  Can we move?  I said.  Yes said Bob.  So Mom called a babysitter.  So Bob showed Mom a cool house.”

I don’t know where Heath was during this little fictional dinner but I don’t think I have laughed that hard in a long time! 

For day 3 of November I am thankful for my kids.  Heath and I often ask each other what in the world we used to do before them.  Our lives must have been so boring. 

And to be random – normally I try to keep my posts a bit more focused but . . .

  1. I am also thankful that the Giants won the World Series because it took the focus off of the election for a little while anyway.  Now the news talks about the election results and the parade in San Francisco, which is a story in and of itself.  Heath had to drive in today because there was no parking at the BART station at 7:00 am.  A friend’s daughter had to buy her BART ticket at Safeway because the line for tickets at BART was so long.  She was aware that she may not even get to see the parade but she wanted to go into the city and try. 
  2. I am thankful that the election is over and I won’t be inundated with political calls and I won’t have to see any more obnoxious political ads that are nothing more than mud slinging not even mixed with promises of what that person will do if elected. 
  3. I am thankful for good friends. 
  4. I am thankful for this amazing weather.  Nothing beats sitting outside in 80 degree weather talking with a friend while watching the colorful leaves fall off the trees.  The nice part is it doesn’t really even feel that hot.  It’s just beautiful. 
  5. I am thankful for HGTV.  It’s always fun to watch other people look for houses to buy.  Gavin asks questions about what I’m watching and apparently those conversations stick and emerge in his creative writing assignments.  So I’m thankful for HGTV. 

What are you thankful for today?

2 thoughts:

Becca Jane said...

Haha, I love how you included all of his misspellings and grammar errors. Adorable.

I miss HGTV SO badly! Our complex lost cable several months ago, and it's been lonely without Clinton & Stacey....and Sandra Rinamato and Suzanne Whang. Haha....

The Piquant Storyteller said...

I've been spoiled with cable for years. I can't imagine living without it. At least you got "free" cable for as long as you did. Wasn't it included in your rent?