Saturday, November 6, 2010

Procrastination

Hard work often pays off after time, but laziness always pays off now.  despair.com

It’s been a day.  After four years we decided it was time to hit the portrait studio again.  Laziness had paid off but it was time for someone else’s hard work to pay off.  We bought the portrait CD and it’s sitting on the counter right now – several feet away from my permanent butt print in the couch and I’m not getting up.  So you’ll have to see the pictures tomorrow.  Pulchritudinous procrastination.  I think pulchritudinous is a positive word that means beautiful but I’m too lazy to look it up right now.  Oh well.

I took Gavin to a birthday party.  I tried to get out of it but Heath made me go so I made him clean the kitchen.  He did an awesome job.  And I met Gavin’s friends’ moms and one of them offered to take the three boys to Chuck E. Cheese for a play date some Friday afternoon.  Sure.  If you want to take kids to Chuck E. Cheese for the fun of it be my guest!  Gavin has been begging for a play date with this mom’s son forever now so it was good I went to the party.  Watching a bunch of second graders bowling was pretty entertaining. 

My mom totally hooked me up with templates to make displays for a mini class I’m teaching on Tuesday.  I am so excited about it.  I love that my mom did that for me.  I was not expecting it at all and I’m super stoked the package arrived today.  Do I have the best mom or what?  I’ll call her tomorrow since we’re watching “Diary of a Wimpy Kid” right now.  More procrastination. 

Heath just changed Gwen’s diaper.  That makes two diaper changes for her all day.  Procrastination rules!  Actually we never procrastinated the job, more like we assumed the other one was taking care of it.  When she doesn’t make a stinky we don’t think about that stuff I guess. 

I’m running on four hours of sleep.  Not consecutive hours either.  Awesome.  I fell asleep while Heath was talking to me.  Twice.  I’m grateful for his sense of humor because I didn’t mean to do that to him.  He’s not that boring but he did make the point a few times before my eyes closed.  We have an understanding – we just don’t listen to each other most of the time. 

Today I am grateful for procrastination, my mom not procrastinating, and Heath. 

0 thoughts: