Wednesday, November 24, 2010

Sleeping through the night

Sleeping through the night is the most beautiful thing to a parent.  It can be hard to take care of a newborn when their days and nights are mixed up.  My heart goes out to new parents and I am excited for them when they start counting the number of hours their new baby has slept at night.  My children are no longer babies and we are so lucky they learned to sleep early on.  I am the one who can’t sleep through the night. 

Lately I’ve been getting up somewhere between 2:00 and 5:30 am with low blood sugar.  Not long ago I woke up around 2:00 only to find out that my blood sugar was 197.  I was irritated that I had to get up to check but I’ve learned that if I wake up it’s worth seeing why since I don’t always feel symptoms right away. 

This morning I woke up five minutes before the alarm was supposed to go off.  I could tell I was low but I didn’t want to get out of my nice warm bed.  Four glucose tabs and suspending my pump held me over until Heath got up.  I was so grateful I had slept all the way through the night.  Even though I know I dreamed all night I felt very rested for the first time in weeks.  To me a good night’s rest is a huge blessing.  A good night’s rest followed by scripture study and a great workout and the day is off to a great start! 

0 thoughts: