Monday, November 8, 2010

Surprise!

Do you like surprises?  I do.  Well, happy surprises anyway.  Like a dozen roses for no reason, a well timed smile, or finding some money you forgot you had. 

dancing-and-smores-012

Roasting marshmallows in the fireplace for S’mores just for the fun of it.

dancing-and-smores-017dancing-and-smores-018dancing-and-smores-019

Watching your children enjoy S’mores for the very first time.

dancing-and-smores-015

Setting aside a S’more for yourself only to find that someone thought it was theirs!  Gooey marshmallows make everyone smile so it was worth making another. 

Impromptu mosh pits in the front entryway while listening to “Triangle Man” by They Might be Giants.

Taking advantage of the DVR skip back button during a BYU football game.  Not to see a replay of a down but to see the guy jump who was standing right next to the cannon after a touchdown!  He knew it would be loud you could just tell.  But he jumped out of his skin anyway.  Great surprise for all involved.

Every day counting on Gwen yelling, “Suh Prize!  I apprised you.”  The best (and worst) was when she woke the boys up early one morning by doing this.  Funny now.  That morning at 6:30 not so much. 

A child going to the bathroom in the middle of a tickle session, returning, and asking for more tickles.  How responsible of you, son!

Finally having a perfect blood sugar day. 

Kids actually sleeping in even after Daylight Savings Time ended!  This was the best surprise. 

Opportunities falling out of the sky.

There are enough unpleasant surprises in life.  The kind that stop your happy mood dead in its tracks.  All I can do is remember the happy surprises and remember why I started this post in the first place.  I am thankful for surprises today. 

3 thoughts:

Becca Jane said...

My computer takes forever to load, so I was dying wondering if you were PREGNANT!! haha!

The cannon jumpy guy thing made me laugh!!

Cute pictures too! I wish I could see your kids...

The Piquant Storyteller said...

Thanks for the laughs Becca! I needed that. Being pregnant would be a surprise.

By the way, I read my 10 pages today. I didn't know this morning how much I would need your challenge. So thank you for putting it out there.

Becca Jane said...

I'm floored by the response to the challenge! I thought a friend or two would want to, but they just keep signing up! It's awesome! I felt a strong prompting to do this, so I hope people will have some great experiences with it. Good job! One day down, 52 more to go! :)