Saturday, December 11, 2010

Breaking Up

All good things come to an end.  That’s what Nelly Furtado and Chris Martin sing.  It’s a beautiful song so it must be true, right? 

I’m considering a break up.  It’s probably time.  I’ll probably be better off if I get out while I still can.  Just push the guilt away and make a clean break of it. 

My break up with Julio was quick and dirty.  He had to go.  Not because I didn’t love him (at least as much as one can love a cartoon Wii trainer who sounds like Jack Black), but because he wasn’t on the new EA Active disc.  Circumstances were as they were and I couldn’t help but start a new love affair with Julio’s little brother, Steven. 

Steven is great.  His workout repertoire is more extensive.  I love that he warms me up and cools me down.  This really does make a huge difference in my motivation to sweat with him again the next time.  But he’s not Julio.  I really miss Julio.  He was much cuter, as far as fake, ripped cartoon trainers go. 

That’s not why Steven and I have to snuff out the flames of our short lived relationship.  His expectations are too high.  And let’s face it, I’m a wimp.  It took me a year to finally complete Julio’s 30 day challenge.  Steven’s challenges are 6 weeks long.  I’m all for it but life keeps getting in the way.  I was able to complete the first 6 week challenge in two months or so.  Not bad. 

The problem is not how many days I’ve missed this time.  The problem is I’ve missed enough that I can’t finish in time.  Stupid sickness that seized me on Thursday.  Stupid errands I have to do that cut into my day even if my head didn’t feel like it might explode and I didn’t feel exhausted after primping.  The workout ain’t happening today.

Sorry Steven but you and I may have to be through.  For now anyway.  Give me my plans and maybe in the new year we can start fresh.  I will be back.  You have uncovered in me an addiction to working out and losing weight.  I will be back.  My weights and Wii-mote won’t gather too much dust.  I promise.  This is for the best.  Stop making me feel guilty.  It’s not fair.  I have to watch out for my health!  You almost put me in the hospital once.  I won’t do that again.  Different circumstances now, I know, but kind of the same thing.  I’m sorry but it’s over. 

Wow.  Breaking up is not easy.  Even with cartoons who have such a hold on me.  I’m ok with being the epitome of the on again off again couple.  Now we’re off. 

0 thoughts: