Tuesday, January 4, 2011

Why is my crystal ball always cloudy?

Doctrine and Covenants Section 58

2For verily I say unto you, blessed is he that keepeth my commandments, whether in life or in death; and he that is faithful in tribulation, the reward of the same is greater in the kingdom of heaven.

3Ye cannot behold with your natural eyes, for the present time, the design of your God concerning those things which shall come hereafter, and the glory which shall follow after much tribulation.

4For after much tribulation come the blessings. Wherefore the day cometh that ye shall be crowned with much glory; the hour is not yet, but is nigh at hand.

 

“We cannot see the future with precision, but we can know what the Lord intends and what it will take [for] each of us to qualify personally to participate.”

Henry B. Eyring

 

My faith took a hit last night.  In the wee hours of the morning when I woke up and couldn’t go back to sleep and the gravity of the situation fully sunk in.  I have been second guessing myself and the peace I thought I felt.  Was that peace just a dream?   A memory I made up?  No.  It couldn’t have been.  It was real.  The faith I had that things would work out as they would and I would be fine regardless of the outcome of a frustrating situation must be real.  I have to keep believing that the Lord is mindful of me, my family, and what we’re going through right now. 

It all could be a strange blessing in disguise.  It all could be just a painful life lesson that will strengthen us as faithful followers of Jesus Christ.  I don’t know.  The rest of the story hasn’t happened yet.  Right now it’s a grim chapter and I don’t feel bad for mourning over it a little.  The scripture I shared sustained my faith before.  For over two years actually.  The blessing at the end of that trial was more than I could have ever imagined.  So I have to believe again.  There’s nothing else I can do but trust the Lord.  And remind myself of God’s love for me. 

Pray for us anyway because my faith is really wavering. 

6 thoughts:

Becca Jane said...

Oh Tristan, is everything ok? Call me, if you want.

The Piquant Storyteller said...

Thank you Becca. We got the police report last night from the collision and they're blaming everything on Heath. I'll try to call you tomorrow when it's a better time for both of us to chat.

Dawn said...

Hang in there kiddo. I know how rough it can be but you are right the Lord is watching over you. I too get frustrated but we just have to hang in there for the blessings. If we got our blessings immediately we would not be exercising our faith. We love you!

The Piquant Storyteller said...

Thanks Dawn. God works in mysterious ways. After a day of crying and wondering if I was crazy and making up yesterday's post, this evening sure took a sharp turn upwards. Heath will call you tomorrow.

Becca Jane said...

Sorry I missed your call...Cam was at preschool and Roo was napping, so naturally, I was out cold on the sofa!!

Is there a good time, I can call you tomorrow (Thurs) or really any day.

The Piquant Storyteller said...

That's funny. I knew Cam was at preschool and Roo would be napping which is why I called when I did. I assumed you would be cleaning your house or baking cookies or something really domestic like that but I forgot that you're pregnant. Afternoons are good. I can try to call you again too.