Saturday, February 5, 2011

Just to make you jealous!

Go ahead and hate me but today was a red letter day filled with all kinds of jealous ammunition.  First of all, it hit 77 degrees.  I’m not making that up.  We broke out the shorts and sandals.  Gwen got new shoes and sandals. 

Now that most of the country is seething with unsuppressed animosity for me and my awesome California weather, I scored a great deal.  I have been looking for a Disneyland scrapbook album for our two trips.  I haven’t been looking really hard but if I happen to be at a craft store, which seems like a lot lately, I quickly scan the books for a Disneyland one.  Today I found a Tinkerbell one and a Mickey Mouse one.  Heath said I should get the Mickey Mouse one because it came with paper and stickers.  Then we saw the price.  It was $50.  Ouch.  But Heath wanted me to get back into scrapbooking and this is a project I want to do.  So we bought it.  Only it rang up at $20.  No joke.  Deal of the century?  Maybe not but we were pretty excited. 

It is now nearly 8:30 and it’s still 70 degrees outside.  Only 46 in Seattle.  My windows are open.  My music is blasting and feeding my creativity.  I finished one project for church.  I’ll find out tomorrow how much I need for another project.  It’s like everyone thinks I’m the crafting queen or something!  I’m very grateful because I’m up to my armpits  in Cricut projects and loving every second of it.  And I have a rocking Mickey Mouse scrapbook kit to work on after Tuesday’s project is over!  Wahoo! 

6 thoughts:

Jenni said...

Wow! 77??? That's crazy! I love deals that surprise you when you get to the check-out stand, because you've already reasoned with yourself to pay the price on the tag, so it's great when they come up less! Have a blast with your projects in the nice weather. Sounds wonderful! :)

The Piquant Storyteller said...

Thanks Jenni. It looks like you have a lot of great pictures to scrapbook too! Enjoy your baby girl.

Becca Jane said...

Yeah,jealous! We need to come stay with you from October thru March. I'm sure Heath would love that.

The Piquant Storyteller said...

You could just get a house here and be like all those old people who migrate to St. George for the winter! Or forget the house. Just get a big old RV and home school your kids and drive around the country looking for adventure and fabulous weather. Yeah, that could work. :)

Ray Colon said...

Hi Tristan,

Oh, you have definitely succeeded in making this east-coaster jealous. I can feel myself turning Incredible Hulk green from the inside out as I write this. :)

I love the humidity free summers here in the Pocono mountains, but the winters are just brutal. I thought that I could take it, since this season only lasts a few months, but I was wrong. So so wrong. Care to have a house guest until April?

You did score a great deal. $50 to $20. That's a bargain in anyones eyes. I'm glad that you are enjoying working on all of your projects and I'm amazed that you find time to update your blog. (More greenness!)

Enjoy your weather and have a great week. Ray

The Piquant Storyteller said...

Thanks Ray. I've never been back east. If I ever get the opportunity to visit I'll remember to avoid the winters. Utah summers are hot and dry which I love so it took a little getting used to the more humid weather in California. But the winters can't be beat here - lots of rain! You don't have to shovel rain.

I had no idea I was such a popular winter hostess! Sure, come on over. Your family and Becca's family can sleep . . . somewhere. I have really wide hallways that double as my kids' playroom. If that doesn't work you could bunk in Becca's RV that I'm sure she will buy based on my powers of persuasion. :)