Tuesday, March 15, 2011

Cold Hair

If your little girl gets a cold and has snot smeared across her face what do you do with her hair?  Pull it back of course.  Maybe it’s Gwen’s thin, fine hair but I have learned that pulling hair up into a ponytail is not enough to keep the boogers from turning into a homemade gloppy hair gel.  The last time she had a cold I thought I should take pictures of all the different ways I kept her hair from getting crunchy but I didn’t then.  Now I will. 

braid-002

This is not my best attempt at this braid.  I really like this hairstyle because it looks cute while keeping all the hair back and away from the face.  This braid looks complicated but it’s really easy.  Yesterday I had her hair in two half braids that went into a ponytail.  Two moms complimented the look but said it looked complicated.  Nah, it’s easy. 

It’s just two French braids on the top.  For this style I like to start closest to her face and angle the braid in from there.  This keeps the shorter fringe around her face in place better.  I braid all the way to the bottom and tie it off with an elastic.  Do this for both braids.  I always mean to put the two braids together but I change my mind and never do it.  What I do is I take a small section underneath the two braids and split it into thirds with a braid in one of the sections.  The left braid is in the left third, then there’s a small section of hair in the middle third, and the right braid in the right third. 

Braid the three sections together picking up new sections each time you cross over.  As you pick up a new section you can cover the micro braid.  Braid all the way to the bottom of the head.  I usually tie off close to her neck because it looks fuller that way.  If your little girl has thicker hair you could braid all the way to the end of the hair. 

braid-007braid-005

This is a front view.  The second picture got fuzzy as she moved and I didn’t have the flash on.  But I love it!  What a cutie. 

4 thoughts:

Jenni said...

Very cute, hope she feels better soon! :)

The Piquant Storyteller said...

Thanks Jenni. At least she's not acting sick. Just drippy.

Ed said...

Cute hair!!! I'm so glad you're posting pictures.
-Candi

The Piquant Storyteller said...

Thanks Candi. I have more pictures to come!