Friday, March 11, 2011

These mashed potatoes are so creamy

There is a line in the movie While You Were Sleeping that I like to quote.  It’s the part where the family is eating dinner and most of them are arguing over how tall different actors were but for the most part it’s just a chaotic conversation where everyone is talking but nobody is communicating.  The mom says to no one in particular, “These mashed potatoes are so creamy.”  I love that line.  So here you go.  Pictures that have nothing to do with anything!

IMG

I was so impressed last Friday when Gavin brought this out after school.  This Lifeskills note was good for one free ice cream from the weekly ice cream social.  I felt bad that I didn’t have $2 to get ice cream for Gwen and Parker but they were fine with it.  They seemed to understand that Gavin worked hard to earn a reward and they patiently waited while he got his ice cream.  I never promised them anything and they never asked.  Do I have great kids or what? 

outsideinside

My sister wanted to see the invitations I made for Gwen’s party.  I was going to redo an invitation to put in Gwen’s scrapbook since this first attempt didn’t include the date!  The ones I made for everyone else included the date and I got tired of gluing all these intricate Cricut designs so I didn’t make a new one for Gwen. 

thank-you-card

This is the thank you card I made.  I thought it turned out really cute. 

3 thoughts:

Dawn said...

Adorable! I wish I could have been there in person to see it all.

Ed said...

Thanks for posting the invite and thank you. They turned out so cute. And YAY for Gavin. :)

The Piquant Storyteller said...

Thanks Dawn and Ed/Candi. I was impressed with how cute they turned out too. I wish all of you could have been here for the party. It was so much fun.