Monday, April 18, 2011

Blogcation Starts Today

It’s that time of year when we all dream about the sun. 

heart-hair-and-wii-trainers-008

Working out with Steven on a warm and breezy tropical island isn’t enough of a vacation for me anymore.  Maybe it’s because when I hang out with Steven he makes me work hard.  I need a real vacation.  A vacation from blogging or a blogcation. 

4 years + an average of 5 posts a week = 1,196 posts
Mix this with writer’s block and a feeling that I have run out of things to say (sad) and you get why I need a blogcation. 

In the last four years I have taken pride in the diversity of my writing topics as well as the diversity of my readers.  But I’m out of ideas.  If you have any ideas for me to write about I would appreciate them.  I need writing challenges as much as I need to eat and sleep.  Until the ideas start haunting me again I have to take a break.  I will probably still post fun things about my kids periodically because they’re cute.

For example. 

So long for now.  I’m boarding my departing train of thought.  I’ll send a postcard if I can and hope to tell the tale when I return.  Au revoir! 

7 thoughts:

Ray Colon said...

Hi Tristan,

Let's hope that your blogcation is a brief one. You've written a lot of posts, but something tells me that your idea well hasn't dried up - not by a long shot.

Love the boots!

Enjoy your time away from writing and I look forward to your return.

Ray

Becca Jane said...

Oh there is always something to blog about!!! I knew a girl who used a 'journal jar' for her blog...every night she'd answer a different question...anything from "show us a tour of your house" to "what is your favorite...". The possibilities are endless! But yes...when all else fails, blog about the kids! You can never write too much about them...especially if they're going to read it for years to come.

The Piquant Storyteller said...

Ray,

I think you're right. This blogcation won't last too long. Life has a way of happening so I'm sure I'll think of something.

Thanks for your support,
Tristan

The Piquant Storyteller said...

Becca,

I like your journal jar idea. I have a quote of the day book I have been using since high school. Every once in a while I see the quote of the day and think I could post my thoughts about it.

When it comes to writing about my kids I can't be absent in the blogosphere for too long. They keep getting older but there's always something worth remembering about them.

I gave Gavin my blog book to read once. He liked the pictures but I don't think he read too much. The reading level is too high right now but my kids love their scrapbooks and they ask me to put things in the blog so their grandmas can see. I'm sure I'll be back soon with lots of fun ideas.

Thanks,
Tristan

Dawn said...

Oh no! Your posts are often the one bright spot in my grey day. I hope you will take the kids advise and keep writing about them so grandmas can read.

The Piquant Storyteller said...

Dawn,

I have an idea for a kid post but I just got back from a RS planning meeting so I think I'll write it tomorrow. My mom emailed me a whole bunch of ideas to write about too. I'm kind of excited about them because they're so out of the box from the things I normally write about. Don't worry. Your grey days will still have bright spots.

Love,
Tristan

Dawn said...

I am so relieved. Today was a hum dinger. I even had a teacher slam the phone in my ear when I could not help her get a new lamp for her projector at *:00 this morning and it went down hill from there. I loved that there was a blog when I got home. Thanks.