Monday, April 11, 2011

Say What post to ease back into reality

I’ve been dreading this day.  Maybe I’m a weird mom but I really enjoyed the heck out of having my kids home for a week.  We had a lot of fun together.  I cannot wait for summer break and I really hate that it’s only 10 weeks long.  That is not long enough in my opinion. 

The boys survived going back to school.  It was a rough day back in some cases but they survived.  The homework grind is back.  Sigh.  The good news is I have most of the laundry done!  And my kitchen sparkles!  I know.  I’m amazing at accomplishing mediocrity. 

Here’s a bunch of Say What’s from Spring Break and today.  Enjoy!

Heath:  I knew that might happen.  Sorry!  That was Dad’s fault!
Gwen:  Why is it Dad’s fart?

Gwen:  I want more ham!
Heath:  I can cut you some more ham.
Gwen:  No!  I not want food.  I want ham!
Heath:  Ham is food.
Gwen:  No it’s not.  It’s just candy.

Heath:  If anyone says McDonald’s, so help me, we won’t go there! 
Gavin:  McDonald’s so help me.  (He was adamant that we not go so he hoped this would change Heath’s mind!)

Heath:  Do you want caramel?
Gwen:  No.  I not like comma.  He hits me.
Heath:  No, Conner hits you.  Caramel tastes good. 
(Abigail if you read this don’t worry about Conner hitting Gwen!  It’s Nursery and I think they all hit each other once in a while!)

Me:  Can we please throw those sandals away?  They don’t fit you anymore.  Your toes hang off the edge.
Parker:  Why do we have to throw them away?
Me:  Because they’re old and falling apart.
Parker:  He bout we just give them to some kid who haves little feet! 

Me:  What are you doing?
Gavin:  I’m trying to see what I look like when I plug my nose and the hair comes out of my ears. 

Gwen:  I not Gwen.  I just Cora.  (girl from Tron)

Gwen:  I not like this one!  It’s just a boy one.  I like girl songs! 
Me:  This is a girl song!  This is a girl singing. 
Several seconds later:  I just mad!
Me:  I can tell but what I don’t know is why! 
Gwen:  I just mad at Gowan. 
This is while Gavin has been at school for half the day already.  I may never understand the inner workings of the 3 year old female mind. 

Gavin reading:  "The world's best pencil" . . . how do they know?

Gavin:  Is Cheetos the company that says "they" are the best snacks on earth?
(this was complete with air quotes and everything!) 
Me:  I don't know.
Gavin:  I just read the bag.

2 thoughts:

Dawn said...

If having the laundry done and the kitchen sparkling is mediocrity I am in deep trouble. I thought getting out of bed on time and getting my lunch packed and out the door only two minutes late was mediocrity. I think my kitchen sparkled once last week and I believe the laundry was all done on Saturday. But both on one day? WOW!

The Piquant Storyteller said...

Thanks Dawn! You always make me feel fabulous! I think getting out of bed on time and getting your lunch packed and out the door only two minutes late is pretty impressive. The neighbors drive on Monday so my morning was easier.