Friday, May 27, 2011

Spiked with Creativity

I have rediscovered scrapbooking lately.  One thing I love about scrapbooking is that I can work on it in any order I want whenever the creative juices start flowing.  The awesome thing about blogging is that I’m up to date with the fun stories I would put in a scrapbook so I don’t ever feel guilty for being “behind” in my scrapping projects.  Gwen’s scrapbook should be done since my plans were to do the first 3 years for all the kids.  The last layout I did in her book was her first birthday!  I’m not worried though.  The stories are already written.  Now I just wait for time and inspiration. 

The Disneyland scrapbook has been calling my name recently.  I’m pretty proud of some of these layouts.  The kids love looking through the book and they love hovering around when I work on a new layout.  I promised Dawn I would send her pictures of what I had done so far but I haven’t yet.  I live in my own world.  So Dawn, these are for you!

For more detail, click to enlarge.

scrapbook-layouts-004

I used a map of Disneyland for the title page.

scrapbook-layouts-005

Pixie Hollow is a family favorite layout.  My Tinker Bell and Friends Cricut cartridge is smoking it’s been used so much in this book!

scrapbook-layouts-006

My favorite favorite story from our March trip – Mickey’s Wheel of Torture.  This layout didn’t come out as well as I imagined it would.  Partly because I didn’t realize how transparently clear the stickers were.  I should have matted them.  But I love love love the story.  Nothing like poor judgment to make your child feel like he’s staring death in the face and laughing about the humor of the situation later.  Best story ever. 

scrapbook-layouts-007scrapbook-layouts-008

Mickey’s Toon Town double layout turned out so cute.  I don’t normally use this many stickers when I scrapbook but I am having a blast scrapping in a completely different way than my norm!  So cute if I do say so myself.  I’m not prideful or have a big head! 

scrapbook-layouts-009

The kids love this page the most.  I must have sprinkled enough magic on the page to bring back all their happy memories of Tinker Bell’s secret visits. 

scrapbook-layouts-010

Another favorite of mine.  I just finished this one today and I love it!  Where did I get the checkered flag paper?  I made it.  That’s right.  I cut two 12 x 12 sheets of white paper into 1 inch strips.  Then I cut two 12 x 12 sheets of black paper into 1 inch strips.  Then I took a trip back to second grade in my mind and weaved the strips together gluing the ends onto a 12 x 12 sheet of paper for a frame of reference.  So the pages are pretty heavy with all the layers but it is so stinking cute right? 

Many thanks to Dawn for giving me her old Cricut machine and many cartridges.  The Cars cartridge was the inspiration behind this layout.  Now I better clean up my mess so my office stays lovely and I can start the next page.  I have so many ideas . . .

2 thoughts:

Grandma W said...

Great pages! I am loving the Disney scrapbooking too. I smile the whole time I work on the pages. The whole trip really brightened some gray days this year. I wish my journaling was a detailed and well written as yours is. It will be fun to share the books when we get together this summer.

The Piquant Storyteller said...

Thanks Dawn. That trip to Disneyland was more than just a fun family reunion! The memories have helped us all get through gray days. I am looking forward to seeing your book and showing you mine in person.