Monday, June 27, 2011

Every Day

Heath:  People always think that mustaches make them look older but they really just make them look goofier. 
Parker:  Goofier?
H:  Yeah. 
P:  Heavenly Father does that?

Then Parker pointed out that Gavin had a sauce mustache which reminded me of a day that I was upset with Gavin’s attitude.  I told him to wipe the smirk off his face.  But I forgot that he is 7 and still in the pre-operational stage where he takes everything literally.  He got a confused look on his face as he wiped his mouth and looked at it.  Then wiped again and looked again.  It cracked my stone face and I couldn’t help but smile! 

Back when I started this blog I remember posting a lot how my kids make me laugh every day.  Not a single day goes by when I don’t laugh because of something they say or do.  All this time later and it’s still true! 

4 thoughts:

Grandma W said...

Speaking of mustaches making you look older. When Uncle Lindy took Grandma down to the doctor he was waiting for her to come out of the x-ray room when someone ask if he needed any help. The tech spoke up and said, “He is just waiting for his wife to come out of x-ray.” Lindy likes his mustache but it really does make him look older. No matter how old they get kids do the darnest things.

The Piquant Storyteller said...

That made me chuckle but Heath laughed out loud. His face turned red he was laughing so hard and so much! Poor Lindy.

Becca Jane said...

Thank goodness they make us laugh every day, or else we'd want to kill them!! I'm so glad Cameron is hilarious, it really makes up for the insane times!!

The Piquant Storyteller said...

So true Becca, so true!