Saturday, July 16, 2011

Anticipating Six

12

Feel free to click on those images to read the story better.  When I thought about what to say in a post about Parker turning 6 I thought about how he is all about anticipation.  That made the song Anticipation come to my mind which reminded me that I made this layout for his scrapbook soon after he was born.  So there you go – my  train of thought to include this story. 

Parker has been anticipating this birthday since before Gavin’s birthday.  The last eleven days have been painful for everyone as Parker has been beside himself with anticipation.  I found myself checking on Parker all day today waiting for the inevitable letdown from finally reaching this day and our planned activities.  He never really seemed to fizzle out.  That made me happy because lately he makes me crazy with how much he looks forward to things and then poops out the second it happens.  Take going to the park for example.  He cannot wait until we get there.  Then five minutes later he’s begging to go home.  Even if his friends are there he wants to go.  It’s as if I’m his personal genie.  Poof!  What do you need?  Poof!  What do you need?  The second he gets what he wants he’s snapping his fingers for more.  It can be exhausting!  So I am very happy that never happened today.  He was happy as a clam from start to finish, with the exception of a little family meltdown.  We were all a little tired, excited, and on each other’s nerves.  Just for a minute then the good feelings were back. 

This little boy warms my heart though.  He is so cute and funny.  For weeks now he’s been saying he would try different things when he’s 6 and maybe he can do something when he’s 6.  Today he was saying random things like that.  When we sat down in the theater for Cars 2 he said, “I don’t need a booster seat because I’m 6 now!” 

gazebo-and-Parker-6-bday-028I just can’t get over how that tiny little 6 lb. 8 oz. baby boy is now my 6 year old.  He has stars in his eyes that gleam with his enthusiasm for life.  Man, how I love that boy!  Happy birthday my little man. 

2 thoughts:

sugarpierdh said...

Happy Birthday Mr. Parker-man!! We hope you have a great year!

The Piquant Storyteller said...

Thanks Aunt Candi!